This micro skills course covers recognition, diagnosis and management of disseminated gonococcal infection (DGI) at a specialist level. Current knowledge about pathogenesis of gonococcal infection, including host defence and virulence factors, is discussed.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recognise the limitations in our understanding of the pathogenesis of DGI
- Recognise the greater frequency of DGI in certain sections of the community
- Recall the epidemiology and varied presentation of DGI
- Recognise the consequences of involvement of organs other than skin and joints
- Select appropriate methods for diagnosis and exclusion of DGI
- Advise on appropriate antibiotic regimens for disseminated gonorrhoea
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.