This micro skills course focuses on communication with families and carers, both lay and professional, about decisions involving clinically assisted hydration at the end of life.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Association of Palliative Medicine
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the common concerns expressed by patients and families regarding the giving or withholding of clinically assisted hydration in the end of life period, including relevant cultural issues;
- Review the evidence about the effectiveness of and the legal position regarding clinically assisted hydration in the end of life period;
- Develop the communication skills to identify and address the concerns raised by patients and families regarding the giving or withholding of clinically assisted hydration in the end of life period;
- Develop the skills to address the concerns of colleagues regarding the giving or withholding of clinically assisted hydration in the end of life period
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.