This interactive micro skills course explores some of the difficulties associated with patients whose behaviour doctors find challenging and who may provoke strong feelings in doctors.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify some models commonly used to describe challenging patients
- State how relevant these models are today
- Reflect on your personal areas of difficulty
- Discuss skills in managing awkward encounters
- Describe the relationship between communication and attitude
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.