Differential Diagnosis Investigation and Treatment of Chest Pain in Pregnancy
This micro skills course looks at the causes of chest pain in pregnant women. It covers how to differentiate and investigate the pain as well as how to treat the causes, concentrating predominantly on thromboembolism, ischaemic heart disease and dissection.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the common causes of chest pain in pregnancy and know how to identify women at risk of such conditions
- Differentiate between the common causes based on clinical history and examination
- Describe how to manage investigations in a pregnant women with chest pain appropriately and safely
- Explain how to treat a woman who is both presumed to have and diagnosed with pulmonary thromboembolic disease
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.