Diagnosing Viral Hepatitis
This micro skills course explains how hepatitis A-E should be diagnosed. It describes sampling and diagnostic tests. The timescale between exposure and tests for hepatitis becoming positive is discussed, as is the interpretation of test results after treatment.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- State what samples should be taken to make a diagnosis of hepatitis A-E
- Describe how these samples should be stored and transported
- Describe which tests are available and appropriate to detect hepatitis A-E
- Interpret the results of tests for hepatitis A-E
- Discuss the timescale between exposure to infection and tests for hepatitis A-E becoming positive
- Discuss the interpretation of tests for hepatitis B and C following treatment
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.