This micro skills course explains how to diagnose infection with Trichomonas vaginalis (T. vaginalis or TV). It describes what diagnostic tests are available and the collection and management of suitable samples. It also covers the interpretation of test results.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe which tests are available and appropriate to detect T. vaginalis
- Identify which samples should be taken to make a diagnosis of trichomonas
- Specify how these samples should be stored and transported
- Interpret the results of tests for trichomonas
- Ascertain the timescale between exposure to infection and tests for trichomonas becoming positive
- Determine the timescale between treatment and tests for trichomonas becoming negative
- Discuss the detection of antibiotic resistance in T. vaginalis
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.