This micro skills course emphasises the importance of the foot examination in assessing the risk of diabetic foot disease. It highlights the importance of patient education and timely referral to a diabetic multidisciplinary team to reduce long term diabetic foot complications.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Examine a diabetic foot confidently
- Advise your patients on how to look after their feet
- Recognise the risk factors for diabetic foot disease Recognise more serious disease and when urgent referral is required
- Describe how diabetic ulceration, osteomyelitis and Charcot’s joint present and may be managed
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.