This micro-skills course will describe what dementia is, how common it is and what it is like to live with its common symptoms, both for the person and their family. We will describe the signs that can be mistaken for dementia and what we can do to reduce our risk of getting dementia. We will describe how we can help people affected by dementia to live as well as possible.
What will I learn?
By the end of this micro-skills course you will be able to:
- Describe the number of people living with different types of dementia in the UK and how we can lessen the risk of developing dementia
- Explain what it is like to live with the common symptoms of dementia for the person and their family; and conditions that can be mistaken for dementia
- Describe the many ways we can enable people to live as well as possible with dementia
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.