This micro skills course aims to provide an overview of de-escalation, importance of technique as a means to reduce tension and reduce the need for use of physical intervention and gives an overview of techniques and associated factors.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
College of Paramedics
What will I learn?
- By working through the supporting information, the session provides an overview of de-escalation, covers aspects relating to:
- Identification of non verbal communication, posture, language, tone
- Need for non judgemental approach
- Importance of environmental factors
- An awareness of techniques to control and calm
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.