This micro skills course will cover the clinical features, natural history, diagnostics and treatment of Cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- List the risk factors for CMV acquisition and clinical disease;
- Identify the clinical features associated with CMV viraemia and end-organ disease (including retinitis, encephalitis and enteritis);
- List the general and specific diagnostics available for CMV infection;
- Describe the specific therapies available for CMV and their main side-effects and contraindications
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.