Cultural Competence and Maternity Services
This micro skills course looks at the importance of cultural competence in the context of maternity care and aims to help health professionals support and meet the needs of a changing population.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
NHS Health Education England
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe why cultural competence is important in the context of maternity care;
- Identify instances where cultural beliefs may impact on care and decisions;
- Give examples of how you could proactively address and respond to cultural needs and expectations;
- Describe why it is important to respectfully communicate with women when cultural wishes conflict with recommended treatment options;
- Employ skillful questioning or discussion techniques to support effective communication and identify individual choices and preferences
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.