This micro skills course introduces the main principles and legal aspects of confidentiality as applied to the care of young people. It will also help you understand the practical issues related to delivery of confidential services to young people. The micro skills course also examines the circumstances under which you may have to break confidentiality, where accidental disclosure may occur and what action needs to be taken.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the duty of confidentiality in healthcare as it applies to young people
- Outline ways to promote the concept of confidentiality for young people within the health services
- Identify circumstances where you may need to break confidentiality
- Identify who you need to consult if you are breaking confidentiality and state what to do if an accidental disclosure occurs
- Describe the legal issues which surround the breaking of confidentiality, including reporting a crime and access to health records
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.