Complex Safety Issues and Future Development
This micro skills course is aimed at all out of hospital clinicians, GPs, Nurses, Pharmacists, Paramedics, Community Midwives and those providing urgent or unscheduled care. It will explore neutropenic sepsis and sepsis in maternity, potential opportunities for prevention and some of the recent changes and innovation relevant to sepsis.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recognise the importance of neutropenic sepsis;
- Describe the relevance of sepsis in maternity cases;
- Identify potential ways of reducing sepsis cases;
- Recall the role of near patient testing in the confirmation of sepsis;
- Discuss the role of physiological scoring systems in the definitions and management of sepsis
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.