Communication, Interaction and Behaviour in Dementia Care
This micro-skills course will introduce ways to facilitate effective communication with people living with dementia. It will help you to understand the communicative impairments as well as the retained abilities that individuals with dementia may experience and the variety of ways people with dementia may communicate their needs and preferences.
What will I learn?
By the end of this micro-skills course you will be able to:
- Describe different ways of communicating
- Explain the importance of communication
- Reflect on the impact of communication impairments on people living with dementia, their carers and supporters
- Identify ways in which you can effectively support communication with people living with dementia
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.