Closing the Consultation
This micro skills course explores the ways in which GPs effectively and appropriately close the consultation.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Discuss why closing a consultation depends on the successful deployment of consultation skills throughout the consultation
- Explain why agreeing the agenda, active listening, summarising, shared decision making, handing over and safety netting tend to bring consultations to a satisfactory close
- Describe the reasons why a patient may be reluctant to leave the consultation
- Describe techniques that help bring the consultation to a close
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.