Case Study Motor Neurone Disease
The aim of this micro skills course is to help you identify the main clinical and practical issues that patients with motor neurone disease face, so that you can better support them and their families in whatever setting you are working. The micro skills course draws on the 2016 NICE guideline for assessment and management of MND.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the main clinical and practical issues facing patients with motor neurone disease (particularly in their last year of life) and their families;
- Recognise the key transition points in the illness trajectory of someone with motor neurone disease;
- Describe the sources of expert help that patients with motor neurone disease approaching the end of their lives, and their families, might require and when and how to help them gain access to these;
- Outline the ways in which health and social care professionals who are not experts in motor neurone disease can provide care and support for these patients and their families
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.