Cardiac Muscle Contraction 1
This micro skills course describes the ultrastructure of cardiac muscle cells and the organization of the sarcomere.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Anaesthetists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the features and organization of the cardiac syncytium and cardiomyocytes
- Describe the features and functions of gap junctions, the sarcomere, sarcoplasmic reticulum and transverse tubules
- Describe the structure of actin and myosin
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.