Burns and Scalds in Primary Care
This micro skills course considers the assessment and management of burns and scalds in primary care.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Assess the severity of burns
- Organise burns by classification and recognise those that need to be referred to secondary care
- Give first aid to a burns victim
- Recognise which dressings are commonly used for burns
- Develop plans for the follow-up of patients with serious burns
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.