Breaking Bad News
This micro skills course will look at ways in which to deliver bad news effectively when faced with end of life care situations. It will also look at some of the reasons why professionals find breaking bad news so difficult.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Association of Palliative Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the reasons why breaking bad news is so difficult for doctors
- List the basic principles of good practice
- Describe a framework within which to structure the telling of bad news
- List the skills that enable bad news to be imparted sensitively
- Describe how to maximise your effectiveness and look after yourself
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.