Best Practice in Acute and Chronic Pain Management
This micro skills course will describe the evidence base for paramedic pain management, including when it is appropriate for paramedics to administer analgesics. Later, it will investigate the guidelines that inform paramedic pain management and the role of splinting as a way for paramedics to relieve pain.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify when it is appropriate for paramedics to use analgesics
- Describe the evidence that informs pain management practice
- Describe the role of splinting in helping to relieve pain
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.