Behavioural Management in Special Educational Needs
This micro skills course covers the factors underlying challenging behaviours in children with special educational needs, how to support families and manage these challenging behaviours.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the origins of challenging behaviour in a child with special educational needs (SEN) and the underlying principles in supporting their family
- Recognise ways in which professionals and parents can work together to manage challenging behaviour
- Describe the use and benefits of the Situation Triggers Action Result (STAR) method of liaising between school and home
- Identify the factors that precipitate and perpetuate challenging behaviour in SEN, and help parents to recognise them
- Describe the approach to take with regard to specific behaviours and appropriate next steps
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.