Basic Lung Ultrasound
This micro skills course will describe the practical aspects of imaging of the lungs and pleural spaces. Two common pathologies in critical care patients are explained and discussed: pleural effusion and pneumothorax.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe how artifacts are generated during basic lung ultrasound and define the associated terminology
- Explain how to diagnose a pneumothorax
- Describe the appearance of a pleural effusion and differentiate it from a pericardial effusion
- Identify the limitations and pitfalls of thoracic ultrasound
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.