This micro skills course introduces Michael Balint, outlines his principal ideas and describes his innovative use of the case discussion group to help doctors understand the doctor-patient relationship.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the impact of Balint in the development of a person-centred model of general practice in the last 50 years
- Explain the meaning and relevance of the Balint aphorisms
- Describe how a Balint group functions and the desired outcomes for its members
- Describe how an awareness of Balints ideas can contribute to a doctors ability to deal with emotion and subjectivity in the consultation
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.