Back Pain which is not Better at 6 Weeks
This micro skills course discusses the management of back pain lasting longer than 6 weeks. It examines factors which may lead to chronic back pain and the differences between mechanical pain and pain due to nerve root compression.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Complete a holistic assessment of the impact of back pain on the individual
- Explain the significant impact of chronic back pain to society
- Design an individualized, evidence based management plan for the treatment of chronic back pain, including an awareness of when to refer to secondary care and allied health professionals
- Clarify the risk factors (yellow flags) that may lead to chronic back pain
- Have an awareness of the use of imaging in chronic back pain and possible pitfalls of investigating too much
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.