Attitudes and Behaviour
The aim of this micro skills course is to get you to think about communication skills and whether basic skills are sufficient for communicating effectively with patients.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe briefly the difference between knowledge, skills and attitudes
- Consider why this distinction matters for clinical communication skills
- Identify basic communication skills in practice
- Evaluate communication performance while considering the difficulties of assessing communication standards
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.