Assessment of Pain
This micro skills course gives a framework of how to assess pain as an essential first step to appropriate pain management.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Physicians
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Define pain, encompassing the physical experience and other factors such as the impact of pain on the patient
- Describe the pathophysiology that underlies the different types of pain
- Identify the core steps involved in a pain assessment, to reach a diagnosis and initiate a management plan
- List examples of standardised pain assessment tools used in clinical practise and research, and their value
- Describe how pain could be assessed in patients with cognitive impairment
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.