Assessment of Breathlessness
This micro skills course gives a framework of how to assess breathlessness as an essential first step to appropriate management in the patient approaching the end of life.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Physicians
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Give a working definition of breathlessness, encompassing the physical experience and other factors
- Recognise the different types of pathophysiology (aetiology) that underlie breathlessness
- Outline the core steps involved in an assessment of breathlessness, to reach a diagnosis and initiate a management plan – listing the key elements of a breathlessness history and examination
- Recognise the range of investigations that can be used to aid diagnosis and treatment of breathlessness, if appropriate for the patient
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.