Assessment and Management of Weight Loss and Loss of Appetite
This micro skills course gives a framework for assessing and managing loss of appetite (anorexia), weight loss and cachexia in patients near the end of their lives.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Physicians
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Differentiate between the terms anorexia and cachexia
- Explain the link between anorexia and cachexia in advanced disease
- List some of the reversible factors underlying loss of appetite in disease
- Recognise the psychosocial impact on both patient and carer of both loss of appetite, and involuntary weight loss/cachexia
- Outline drug and non-drug approaches to the management of anorexia & cachexia
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.