Assessment and Management of Burns
Following a review of skin anatomy and burn pathophysiology, this micro skills course will demonstrate how to make an assessment of burn depth and percentage total body surface area (% TBSA). In addition to discussing the pre-hospital treatment and management for minor burns patients, some of the more common specialist treatment options will be outlined, in order that the ambulance clinician develops a sound knowledge base from which to inform their decision making.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Demonstrate how to apply first aid principles into practice
- Assess burn depth and estimate total body surface area involved
- Recognise which burns might require specialist attention following familiarisation with national guidance
- Recall London and South East of England Burn Network (LSEBN) guidance
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.