Assessment and Management of Anxiety
This micro skills course gives a framework for recognising and managing anxiety in patients with advanced disease.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Physicians
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the common pattern of symptoms found with an anxiety disorder, and what other information aids diagnosis
- Recognise the main psychiatric, iatrogenic and organic causes of anxiety, as well as the patient’s existential concerns about the illness
- List the range of interventions that can be offered to alleviate anxiety, taking into account the preferences of the patient
- Describe a practical, incremental approach to the management of anxiety
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.