Approach to ‘General Deterioration’: Atypical Presentation of Sepsis in the Elderly
This micro skills course explores the physiological consequences of ageing by discussing the geriatric giants and how the elderly may present with one of these giants during the acute take.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Physicians
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- State the consequences of physiological change due to ageing
- Explain the ways in which elderly patients with acute illness may present with one of the geriatric giants
- State the benefits of rehabilitation
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.