Antenatal Screening for Syphilis
This micro skills course describes the antenatal screening programme for syphilis in the UK and the rationale underlying this. We will discuss national and global epidemiology of syphilis, as well as testing and treatment strategies. We will briefly examine the consequences of antenatal syphilis infection.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the epidemiology of syphilis in pregnancy and its burden in the UK and globally
- Describe the antenatal syphilis screening programme in the UK
- List the treatment options for syphilis in pregnancy
- Recognise the consequences of untreated syphilis in pregnancy
- Explain the follow-up of pregnant women treated for syphilis
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.