An effective advanced assessment of an ankle injury will allow a paramedic or clinician to determine a management plan that leads to the most appropriate and helpful management. This micro skills course aims to provide the underlying theory and assessment techniques to carry out these assessments effectively.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the location of the major bones, ligaments and tendons of the ankle
- Identify the common mechanisms for ankle injuries and link these with three specific injury presentations
- Recognise the key principles of a systematic approach to ankle assessment
- Identify at least three red flag signs of ankle assessment and discuss how these would be managed
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.