Anatomy and Basic Views
This micro skills course looks at basic anatomy of the heart and lungs plus the relationship of this anatomy to the position of the ultrasound probe on the chest. The four basic transthoracic echocardiography (TTE or ‘echo’) windows and basic lung ultrasound views will be covered.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the chest landmarks for the acquisition of the four basic echo windows and lung ultrasound;
- Relate the position of the ultrasound probe to the axis of the view through the heart, lungs and surrounding structures;
- Identify the structures that appear on the resulting images;
- Explain the relevance of the coronary arterial supply of the heart
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.