An Introduction to Significant Event Audit
This micro skills course will assist general practitioners and their staff in understanding the origins and importance of significant event audit (SEA). For practical application see micro skills course – How to Perform Significant Event Audit Successfully in Your Practice.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- List key historical events relevant to the development of SEA
- Explain why SEA is useful to practising healthcare professionals
- Define SEA and list a range of events that should be examined using the SEA process
- Specify why SEA is relevant to your work and explain why and how SEA will help improve patient care and safety
- Illustrate similarities and differences between SEA and clinical audit
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.