Allergies in Children
This micro skills course uses case studies to describe the appropriate primary care management of allergies in children. It will outline the rise in allergy rates, the main allergic disorders and their appropriate treatment.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the prevalence, presentation and primary care management of allergic conditions affecting infants and children
- Describe appropriate use of investigations and referral of allergic conditions
- Recognise children at high risk of serious allergic reactions
- Explain how the attitudes and understanding of patients, families and health professionals all impact the management of allergic conditions
- Discuss the principles of prevention of allergy in high and low risk infants
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.