Airway maintenance and oxygen therapy
This micro skills course illustrates the importance of effective airway maintenance in the recovery room, why oxygen therapy is required and how it can be safely and effectively administered.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Anaesthetists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain why patients may develop hypoxia in the recovery room
- Describe how to identify airway obstruction and hypoxia in the recovery room
- Suggest how to optimize airway management in the recovery room
- Explain the principles of different methods of oxygen therapy and their advantages and limitations
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.