Advance Care Planning
This micro skills course aims to develop an understanding of the procedural, legal and ethical aspects of advance care planning at the end of life (EoL), as applied to paramedic practice.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
College of Paramedics
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the role the paramedic has with Advance Care Planning (ACP) and the patients they care for
- Explain the spectrum of ACP and the various options available to patients
- Identify the key documents involved in ACP and know which are legally binding
- Describe the relationship of the Mental Capacity Act (MCA)  to ACP
- Describe the paramedics statutory responsibilities under the MCA  Code of Practice
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.