This micro skills course covers non pregnant adults and children aged 12 years and over. It is aimed at all out of hospital clinicians, GPs, Nurses, Paramedics, Community Midwives and those providing urgent or unscheduled care. It will cover the subtle ways in which sepsis may present and highlight the history, examination and the management of the patient with sepsis.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe various ways patients with sepsis may present and what to cover in the history
- List the structured set of observations to support clinical decision making and to help stratify risk
- Recall common pitfalls in diagnosis
- Identify which patients with sepsis are highest priority for urgent admission and know about the early management of the patient with sepsis
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.