Acute Management of Accidental Hypothermia and its Complications
This micro skills course looks at the diagnosis and management of an accidental hypothermic patient presenting either with or without cardio respiratory arrest, and common complications. The initial rescue and recovery is not covered in this micro skills course.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recognise cardiopulmonary arrest and conduct resuscitation in a hypothermic patient
- Categorise and treat a patient with hypothermia
- Judge the lack of success in resuscitation and know when to stop
- Manage a hypothermic patient without cardio respiratory arrest
- Demonstrate an understanding of the complications and risks associated with a hypothermic patient
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.