Acute Illness Impacts Function In Elderly
This micro skills course examines how acute illness in the elderly may disguise other medical problems and considers the implications of this for presentation and examination. The causes and consequences of immobility in the elderly are also considered.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recognise that acute illness in the elderly may present non-specifically, and that history, examination and investigations may need to be broadened to encompass this
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.