Acute Abdominal Pain in Children
This micro skills course considers the management of children who present with acute abdominal pain in general practice. The management of chronic and recurrent abdominal pain is discussed in the e-GP micro skills course Recurrent abdominal pain in children.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recognise causes of acute abdominal pain in children of different age groups
- Be able to systematically assess children with abdominal pain with an awareness of key features in the history and examination
- Identify and manage presentations of acute abdominal pain in children which require urgent referral
- Adopt strategies to minimise the potential risk to a child when the diagnosis is uncertain
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.