Abdominal Compartment Syndrome in Burns
This micro skills course will explore the pathophysiology of abdominal compartment syndrome in burns and describe the role of fluid resuscitation in its aetiology. Later sections will offer guidance on how to investigate possible abdominal compartment syndrome and describe the role of the abdominal surgeon with regard to decompression.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain the pathophysiology of abdominal compartment syndrome in burns;
- Discuss the role of fluid resuscitation in its aetiology;
- Describe how to investigate possible abdominal compartment syndrome;
- Explain the role of the abdominal surgeon in decompression
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.