Use of Fluorides
This micro skills course describes current thinking on effective delivery of fluoride to the mouth, why fluoride toothpastes have been so successful in reducing caries, enamel solubility and how fluoride can both help to prevent it and reverse the early stages of dissolution.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Outline the various modes of delivery for fluoride and explain why fluoride toothpastes have been so successful in reducing dental caries
- Explain how fluoride toothpastes modify fluoride concentrations in plaque and saliva and are time dependent after brushing, and explain the impact this has on caries
- Give an overview of enamel solubility, and how fluoride can both prevent dissolution of the teeth and reverse the initial stages of caries
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.