Treatment of Odontogenic Infections
This micro skills course will address the management of odontogenic infections. It will cover the diagnosis of spreading infection and the recommended treatments. Emergency management will also be discussed.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Dental Surgery Royal College of Surgeons
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify a patient at risk
- Describe the surgical and medical principles involved in the management of local and systemic odontogenic infections
- State the limited indications for prescribing antibiotics
- Discuss the evidence base supporting the use of antibiotics for odontogenic infections
- List the wider principles for patients with systemic infections
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.