Tracheostomy 3: General and Nursing Care of a Tracheostomy or Laryngectomy
This micro skills course covers general and specific nursing care of a tracheostomy or laryngectomy.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Association of Palliative Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the correct procedure for tracheostomy tube suctioning
- Describe methods of artificial humidification relevant to tracheostomies and laryngectomies
- Identify the different devices which may be inserted into a laryngectomy stoma
- Identify the red flags which indicate a problem with a tracheostomy
- Explain when a tracheostomy tube is no longer required
- Describe how to safely remove a tracheostomy tube
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.