The Role of the Bacterial Biofilm
This micro skills course looks at the nature of bacterial biofilms such as dental plaque, how biofilms are formed, and what can be done to maintain them at healthy levels. It also considers the consequences of formation in terms of the microbial interactions that take place.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the concept of disease pathogenesis
- List the inflammatory and immune responses to plaque bacteria and their products
- Describe the role of periodontal bacteria in provoking damaging host responses
- Describe the potential for reactive oxygen species mediated tissue damage and role of the antioxidants
- List the critical factors in periodontal disease pathogenesis
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.