The Overlap Between Falls and Syncope
This micro skills course defines syncope and outlines the common causes of syncope in the elderly. It shows the overlap between falls and syncope and describes the initial evaluation of an elderly patient with syncope.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Physicians
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Define syncope
- Recognise the overlap between falls and syncope in the elderly
- List the common causes of syncope in the elderly
- Complete an initial evaluation of an elderly patient with syncope
- Describe the initial investigations and management of syncope
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.