The Nutritional and Hydration Needs of the Elderly Person
This micro skills course describes the nutritional and hydration needs of older people and offers guidance on how best to manage the risk of malnutrition and dehydration amongst the elderly.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
NHS Health Education England
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain why elderly people are particularly vulnerable to malnutrition and dehydration;
- Identify some common symptoms of malnutrition and dehydration;
- Describe how to reduce the risk of malnutrition and dehydration amongst the elderly
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.