The GDC and Professional Conduct
This micro skills course will describe the General Dental Council (GDC) and the guidance document Standards for Dental Professionals. The concepts of ‘Professional Conduct’, ‘Fitness to Practise’, ‘Misconduct’ and ‘Impairment’ will be explained.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Dental Surgery Royal College of Surgeons
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the legal basis for the General Dental Council (GDC) and list the roles of the GDC in dentistry
- Describe the ethical guidance published by the GDC and demonstrate with examples, its relevance to clinical practice
- Explain the concept of professional conduct
- Explain the concept of fitness to practise and impairment
- List the steps in a fitness to practise enquiry
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.